The Aquatics Coordinator will assist the Director of Aquatics with operation, planning, and supervision of all aquatics programming at the club. This includes: booking, billing, and development of group and private swim lessons, USA Swimming, Summer Swim Team, and Adult Programming. At all times you will ensure outstanding customer service and have a positive attitude toward members, guest, and staff.
This position is responsible for ensuring member, guest and employee safety in and around all swimming pool areas. The Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Aquatics with the hiring, supervising, and evaluating all aquatics staff throughout the year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· KEEPS THE CLUB CLEAN
· CREATES WOW by: anticipating needs and wants, being prepared, being continuously enthusiastic, executing flawlessly and doing it now
· Responsible for planning, booking, billing, and promoting pool activities to members of all ages such as swim lessons, swim team, camps, clinics, season and daily events
· Ensures members safety in all aquatics programs and in pool areas.
· Works with the Director of Aquatics with communications to membership, management, and staff through member updates, website, e-mails, phone calls, program brochure, Beacon, and Quarterly Magazine in conjunction with The Briar Club Communication Department
· Assist the Director of Aquatics in hiring, supervising, training, evaluating, and conducting periodical staff meetings and disciplinary actions for all aquatics staff (i.e. swim instructors, swim coaches, lifeguards, and office assistant). This includes assigning work schedules, ensuring employees have current certifications, orientations, and audits
Summer Swim Team
· Organize and Plan for Summer Swim Team Operations
· Attend CCL (Country Club League) meetings throughout the year between team representatives to discuss league issues, planning, schedules.
· Ensure that the Swim Team Mission Statement is being upheld by the coaches in creating a fun and positive experience for our swimmers and families.
· Act as Head Coach for Summer Swim Team and oversee all volunteer, and senior swim team coaches throughout the season at practices, swim meets, and team events.
· Determine swimmer event placement and relay participation to give team best chance to win, while also allowing for swimmers development.
· Oversee home swim meet operations – Create heat sheets and place swimmers according to times, organize and supervise parent volunteers for timing and ribbon handouts, scorekeeping, prepare pool area and breakdown of equipment.
· Travel with team to away swim meets and supervise coaches and swimmers throughout the meet.
· Organize swim team banquet, including ordering trophies, awards, and putting together program for event, gifts and awards for coaches.
USA Swim Team
· Organize and Plan for USA Swim Team Operations for following year to encourage team growth, and meet members/club needs.
· Oversees and develops other USA swim team coaches
· Sets practice schedules/times
· Decides on grouping swimmers into Bronze/Silver/Gold groups depending on skill level, age, and maturity of swimmers
· Creates practice workouts, and develops training strategies for swimmers development and team needs.
· Oversees event entries of swimmers and relays for swim meets and travels with the team to coach during swim meets.
· Communicate with team parents via e-mail and parent meetings to update them with upcoming event schedules, practice changes, and season updates throughout the year.
· Assist Aquatics Director with billing and keeping accurate financial information for team operations.
Youth Learn To Swim Program:
· Organize Youth Learn to Swim Program, manage requests for private and group lessons and make placements into the best fit for class/instructor.
· Manage and update waitlist for lesson requests
· Develop lesson plans for instructors to follow for different levels of group swimming classes.
· Deliver excellent customer service in ensuring parents are happy with quality, placement, and times of children’s lessons and that skills progression is moving at acceptable pace.
· Re-organizing class rosters throughout the season based on changing skills levels of children
· Ensure that attendance and billing of lessons/group classes are accurately kept and filled out.
· Communicate with Swim Instructors about scheduled lessons, availability, and teaching techniques.
· Ensure monthly skill progress reports are completed by instructors for group lesson participants and given to parents.
Adult Swim Program
· Coach all Adult Swimming practices
· Encourage and set goals for participants of different skill levels
· Develop plan to grow program and increase participation to ensure program viability
· Keep attendance records
· Send communications to participants about upcoming events, practice changes, competition opportunities.
· Create workout plans for adults to follow outside of organized practices
· Supervise daily operations of recreational swimming and lifeguards as needed
· Oversee lifeguard rotations and break times
· Assists with training of lifeguards in pre-season certification, and weekly in-service training throughout the summer season.
· Assist with maintaining daily pool maintenance for all pools and areas around them. This includes chemicals, heaters, chillers, pumps, pool structures, water balance, cleanliness, pool furniture, locker rooms, and pool deck
· Makes sure that all paperwork is filled out on a daily basis including maintenance logs, chemical logs, head counts.
· Ensures member, guest, and employee safety in and around all swimming pool areas by eliminating or minimizing hazardous situations, and enforcing all club rules.
· Adheres to all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job
· Maintains and completes accurate operational and financial records and reports for the pool facility and assist in yearly budget projections.
· Other projects as assigned in and around the club
- Professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate with members, management, and staff
· Current American Red Cross Life Guard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Certifications
· Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED, and 1st Aid Certifications
· USA Swim Coach Certification
· 2-3 Years experience supervising staff
· Minimum 4 years of experience as a swim instructor
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Ability to Lift/Carry 20 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to Lift/Carry 21-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to Push/Pull 12 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to Push/Pull 13-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, stand, walk, talk, sit, work at or above shoulder, occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to work reach outward frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to handle, finger, talk, hear, taste, smell constantly; 67-100% of the time
· Ability to work inside and outside 90%/10%
· Noise level is: Mid to high