The Briar Club
Kid’s Club and Nursery Attendant
REPORTS TO: Youth Director and Youth Coordinator
This position is responsible for overseeing all duties and operational functions with the Kid’s Club and Nursery including providing a safe and secure environment for Member and Guest Children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· KEEPS THE CLUB CLEAN
· CREATES WOW by: anticipating needs and wants, being prepared, being continuously enthusiastic, executing flawlessly and doing it now.
· Provides supervision to the young members/guests utilizing the Kid’s Club, Nursery, and adjoining grounds.
· Ensures that the safety of all participants in the Kid’s Club while engaged in activities and programs around the club.
· Meets and greets new and existing young members and their parents.
· Solves member/youth complaints as they arise.
· Demonstrates proper use of the equipment and machines to kids/guests in the Kid’s Club.
· Provides written and oral activities regimes for inquiring members/guests.
· Provides preventative maintenance to all club equipment.
· To properly clean, disinfect and maintain the playroom areas, including all toys, equipment, play surfaces and other spaces.
· To maintain accurate records on all children within the playroom area. This includes having a medical form and release on each child, having signed in and out by parents and making sure all incidences involving the children are recorded and reported.
· To conduct oneself at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the club. This includes being in a club approved uniform and nametag.
· Assist in the on-going development, planning and execution of the Kid’s Club programs.
· To attend all scheduled employee meetings.
· Adheres to all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Customer service attitude
· Must be able to communicate with members and their children
· Ability to multi-task
· Basic knowledge of exercise equipment and biomechanics
· General knowledge of youth fitness and nutrition guidelines
· Functional knowledge of spas, whirlpools and steam room as well as AV systems
· Knowledge of youth fitness programming preferred
· High School degree preferred
· Business Management, Early Childhood Development or related field a plus
· Minimum 1 year of experience preferred
· Certified in CPR/First Aid/ AED
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Ability to Lift/Carry 20 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to Lift/Carry 21-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to Push/Pull 25 lbs or less frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to Push/Pull 26-100 lbs or less occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to bend, squat, kneel, twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach outward, stand, walk, talk, hear constantly; 67-100% of the time
· Ability to work reach above shoulder frequently; 34-66% of the time
· Ability to crawl, handling, fingering, sit, taste, smell, work at or above shoulder level occasionally; 1-33% of the time
· Ability to work inside and outside 15%/85%
· Noise level is: Mid to high